About our Competitions
Sydney Dressage Inc. run 4 competitions per year from our home grounds at Sydney International Equestrian Centre. We strive for a relaxed friendly atmosphere and endeavour to make everyone feel welcome, whether you are a first-time dressage competitor or a seasoned professional. We offer both participant and competitive tests in Preliminary and Novice levels at all our competitions.
Draws are sent out approximately one week before the competition date. For details regarding ‘how to scratch’, please see information accompanying the draw, or if the draw is not yet available, please email email@example.com.
Sydney Dressage Inc. always offer stabling facilities for horses and accommodation for riders at on-site cabins. Please book at time of entering. For day-stay riders, parking information is provided with the draw.
Front of House is usually located at either the Rider’s Retreat near the stabling or at West Tower and this information will also be provided with the draw, please see the SIEC Map.
For our lucky place getters, we award ribbons to sixth place – be sure to collect your ribbon from Front of House after you receive your test paper.
- Maximum of six tests per rider and three tests per horse, with no more than two consecutive levels per horse allowed e.g. Novice/Elementary.
- Riders must be a member of Sydney Dressage Inc. or Equestrian Australia to compete in Closed Un-Restricted classes.
- Riders entering Competitive classes must be current competitive members of EA and horses must be registered and have a current license to compete in Competitive classes. Owners must also be current members of EA.
- Riders who are Sydney Dressage Inc. members, but NOT Equestrian Australia members will be covered by Sydney Dressage Inc. Public Liability Insurance. Any riders wishing to have Personal Liability Insurance will need to obtain Equestrian Australia membership.
- Callers are permitted.
- Bridle numbers should be supplied with the entry and should be worn in competition. To obtain a bridle number for your horse, contact Equestrian NSW. The Dressage rule 1.15.10 states that two numbers are required – one on either side of the horse. They can be attached to either side of the bridle or saddle cloth when competing and they must be clearly readable. Bridle numbers must be worn during the event when the horse is either being ridden, lunged, led or is grazing.
- If a horse is graded, it may only compete at its graded level or above, or HC in a lower level.
- The draw will be posted on the Sydney Dressage website and Facebook page approximately one week before the event and will be emailed to competitors.
- Refunds will not be given for scratchings received after closing date unless a doctor or veterinary certificate is supplied. 50% of the total entry fee paid will be refunded.
- Stables are available for $30.00 each. Shavings additional $14.00 per bale (order under options). A stable bond of $75.00 is required and refunded if stable left clean. Cabins and camping sites also available.
- If a rider pays member rates and is not a current financial member of Sydney Dressage Inc the entry will be cancelled and entry fees will be refunded except for admin fee of $10.00.
- Competitors do have an option to join Sydney Dressage Inc. at the time of entry of an event.
- Cabins are available at $45.00 per day and Powered Camping sites are available at $35.00 per day, please see Options for more information and bookings.
The Equestrian News magazines support every level of the equestrian community.
Catch up on all the latest news from around Australia
Subscribe to Equestrian News & Lifestyle Magazine >>
Pick up your Free Copy today!
Where to find your local copy >>
View selected shots on our website or see the complete collection here >>
15 July 2018
Annual Award Winners
Congratulations to our 2016 Award Winners.
View the results from our latest competition.
Spot yourself or a friend, browse our gallery.
Update Your Membership Details
Managing your Sydney Dressage Inc. Membership has never been easier. Use our Membership Portal to:
☑ Update your contact details
☑ Add a family member
☑ Renew your membership